A version of the ‘born again’ prayer

(If you are desperate then pray this – pull the emergency cord! When you pray this sincerely, so not just reading it, your life will never be the same again)

Lord Jesus,
I am tired of the rain in my life, of my tears and strife, of my hang-ups, my fears, my loneliness, my sadness, and my stuckness. I am tired of doing wrong – against others and myself – and I am tired of being lost in my feelings and in my over-thinking. I am tired of my heavy burdens – my past which haunts me, my future which scares me, and my now which has fallen, yet again, into a hole. I want to be free from this weighty, heavy mess! I want to be free to love, to sing, to laugh, to dance, and be joyful!

Please help me Jesus and save me! I have tried so hard to save myself many times before, but I am not strong enough, so I need you to take over my life, and for me to depend on your strength and love. Come into my life, my heart, my soul, my mind, my body, and let your power which overcame even death, change me forever. Thank you for forgiving my wrongs, my sins, and that you died for me so I no longer have to be tired in these ways again. I give myself to you, for you to be my Lord and saviour, and please make yourself be more real to me than anything I have ever experienced before; so I can let go of my heavy burdens and walk a life of joy and love, with you. In your name Jesus, please do this for me.

Amen 

Click on book cover image on this blog's home page for information on my book Nine Steps to Well-Being: A Spiritual Guide for Disconnected Christians and Other Questioning Journeyers - first three chapters are FREE!!

Comments

Popular Posts